As awful as this has been (we haven't been able to stay in our house for almost three weeks now and we no longer have a bathroom or a bedroom wall), I have to believe there is a silver lining. Since my hair has started to fall out again, maybe this was the culprit all along?
Please keep your fingers crossed for me that all of this gets resolved quickly, and here is my Public Service Announcement to you:
Mold is no joke.
Regularly inspect your house for leaks and have them checked out and repaired right away. The longer they sit, the more damage they cause.
If a mold remediation company is called in, please for the love of god, make sure that they section off the area with plastic so mold spores aren't spread throughout the house. I am so serious on this one. If this ever happened to me again, I would straight kick them out of my house before I let them do any work whatsoever without sectioning off the area with plastic.
Mold affects everyone differently, and I just so happen to be hypersensitive to it. The thing is, you never know how you'll react to it until you're exposed, and well, do you really want to get sick to find out if you're an unlucky, hypersensitive soul like me?
So, now you know about mold and to be careful with it. The one thing I ask you now is to send good vibes that this will all be remedied correctly and soon so my health can get back on track. And please be patient with me as I am behind on pickups and general store duties because I have been sick, short on sleep and wearing the same three outfits for the last three weeks...
Annnnd...because I need something to look forward to, stay tuned for a bathroom remodel!